Electronic Data Capture (EDC)
Castor’s electronic data capture (EDC) makes it easier to capture your trial data and integrate it seamlessly with other data in your clinical trial ecosystem. Castor ranks among the top 5% of EDC’s for shortest build time, with more than 90% of our studies being deployed within the first 4 weeks.Schedule demo
Capture and re-use research data from anywhere, anytime.
Explore Castor EDC/CDMS, our most robust module, and how it can help you capture and manage all your study data in one centralized hub. And if your needs go beyond, easily layer in eConsent and ePRO to build a full ecosystem of research tools.
Create better data flow
Connect and manage all trial components and integrations, in one place.
- Integrate data from EHR, eCRF, ePRO/eCOA, laboratory, wearables, and other devices.
- Work with any software or database in your clinical trial ecosystem with Castor’s open API.
Gain real-time visibility
Monitor study progress and outcomes in real-time with Castor’s study health dashboard.
- Get an overview of study statistics as your studies are ongoing.
- Track record data entry progress and outstanding queries.
- View Verification Status (SDV) for Steps.
Generate compliant data, confidently
- Build advanced eCRFs in minutes
- Start with one of our pre-built eCRF templates.
- Customize your form with 21 different field types.
- Clone and re-use forms as you build more studies.
- Store data securely
- Save study data in real-time.
- Store it automatically on certified, compliant servers in any country.
- Protect your data with 25-year data retention, field-level encryption, and two-factor authentication.
- Amend studies with less risk
- Simplify protocol amendments by using a tool that’s secure, trackable, and easy-to-validate.
- Easily create test environments for each of your subsequent studies.
- Achieve global compliance
- Meet compliance certifications worldwide such as FDA CFR Part 11, GDPR (EU), ICH GCP (HIPAA, US), ISO 27001, and ISO 9001.
- Align with GCP, HL7 FHIR, and other regulatory guidelines.
Build fully-integrated workflows
“It was easy to create our clinical trial workflow. Integration and training with external partners was effortless. Usability and light coding were essential to us. We were able to test and build our own studies with minimal support and admin.”
Clinical Affairs Director, Essity
- Recruit, screen and consent
Participants are onboarded remotely via dedicated landing pages, pre-screening, and video-enabled informed consent.
- EDC & eSource platform
Connect all your DCT components and support direct data capture in the field.
- ePRO & eCOA
Put your patient diaries and surveys on a user-friendly mobile app that connects your participants from the comfort of their home.
Ready to get started?
Electronic data capture and reporting
Start your eClinical journey with an EDC for collecting, processing, and reporting trial data.
- Easily set up studies on your own — no training required.
- Get visibility into study health with dynamic dashboards.
- Add more virtual elements as your trial needs grow.
eSource and integrations
Connect all your clinical data in one centralized system.
- Integrate data from devices, EHRs, EDC, and non-CRF into Castor’s platform.
- Easily edit forms mid-study to accommodate protocol amendments.
All-in-one clinical trial platform
Build a full ecosystem of research tools with Castor to support your trial from start-to-finish.
- Implement remote enrollment, screening, eConsent, and data capture.
- Engage with patients via ePRO, native diary apps, and video calls.
- Combine data from eCRF, eCOA, ePRO, wearables, and EHR data on one unified platform.
0 K +
0 M +
On time delivery
Customers love us
“It’s been great working with Castor, and their customer service always responds so promptly and is always super helpful. Easy data download process and great interface.”
Analysts respect us
Clinical trials succeed when data flows. That’s why Castor is reengineering traditionally stodgy processes with easy-to-use digital tools that remove barriers for participants and researchers.
See why our company was chosen as a Major Contender impacting the market in the Everest Group’s PEAK Matrix® of Decentralized Clinical Trials Products Assessment 2021.
eCRF in clinical trials: Shifting to a modern research paradigm
Explore how we can bridge the gap from siloed, cumbersome clinical trial processes to fully connected, interoperable clinical trial platforms for collecting and analyzing data.