As you may have seen in recent articles published on Tech.eu, EU Startups, or Nu.nl; Castor was recently awarded a €1.1M grant from the very coveted H2020 Programme which awards the most innovative European companies with resources to boost their development and growth.
We want to share with you details about what we will achieve with this amazing financial support, what this means for you, and for medical research in general.
Our plans for the future
- Extension: extend the platform to continue to be the world’s most affordable and easy to use EDC in an innovative market.
- FAIR: foster better collaboration in medical research by enabling researchers to make their datasets FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable).
- Marketplace: open a marketplace to quickly integrate third party technologies and bring them to our users.
What this means for researchers
- Increase your efficiency through our Automation Engine, Logistical Support modules, and Electronic Medical Record importer.
- Analyze your data directly in Castor with open-source R technology.
- Do more research by handling Value Based Healthcare registries or studies with limited inclusions that require minimization.
- Stay ahead of regulations: all services are compliant with privacy regulations such as Good Clinical Practice (GCP), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ISO27001.
- Unlock the potential of (your) research: Make your data reusable (FAIR) and reuse high quality data from colleagues worldwide.
- Benefit from the latest technology: Use advanced Risk Based Monitoring, Encryption, a Mobile App, and Machine learning modules
Reduce study build time and capture data from any source using Castor’s top-rated EDC system. Schedule a demo to learn how.
A new design on its way
As researchers spend a significant amount of time capturing data, we want to make this experience as enjoyable as possible, hence the complete redesign of the product to give it a more pleasant and modern look & feel:
Piloting across the world
We are piloting the above technology in the following organizations:
- Academic Institutes: King’s College Hospital and Radboudumc
- Commercial Research Companies: Julius Clinical
Interested in running your own pilot? We look forward to collaborating with you:
You can find more information about Castor and our H2020 Funding in our Press Release. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch, we would love to hear from you!
About the H2020 Program
Horizon 2020 is the largest European Research and Innovation program ever launched, with a total budget nearing €80 billion to be allocated over the 2014-2020 period. It awards funding to leading European companies working on bringing innovative solutions that will deliver major Medical, Technological, or Social breakthrough to Europe and the rest of the World.
Official H2020 website