Our efforts to support the global fight against the COVID-19 pandemic include a mobile app. It is free of charge for all COVID-19 related research.
App privacy statement
By visiting our websites and using our application, and any services related thereto (the ‘Services’), you are trusting us with your information. We consider the careful handling of your information of the utmost importance. For this reason, we observe due care in the processing and protection of this information (the “Information”).
When processing we adhere to the requirements of applicable laws and regulations. This means we:
- limit our collection of your Information to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your Information in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your Information and we demand the same from parties who process your Information on our behalf;
- respect your rights to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
In this policy, we will explain which Information we collect and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
SHORTLIST OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Information to provide better services to all of our users. The Information we collect, and how we use this, depends on your personal settings as well on how you use our Services. In general, we collect two types of Information:
- your shared Information: when inquiring about or registering for our Services and offerings, you will be sharing personal information with us. This Information can consist of your name and address information. registration information, billing information, your résumé and other information you are willing to share with us.
- Information generated by us: by visiting and using our Services we will also be (automatically) generating your personal information. This Information might include your IP-address, usage information, device information, third-party referral information and page tag information.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We use the Information we collect for the following purposes:
- providing our Services: certain features of our services require you to register beforehand. You will have to provide some information about yourself and choose a password for the account that we will set up for you. We store this Information until you close your account. Our legal grounds for processing would be for the purpose of executing or entering into a contract or a legal obligation in order to comply with local laws and regulations.
- maintaining and improving our Services: we collect feedback on our website to understand your needs, improve our customer support and inform our product development. Also, we use your personal information to ensure that our services are working as intended. Our support team may occasionally contract you, via your contact details, to help improve our Services. We process and store this Information no longer than necessary. The ground for processing in this case would be the proper execution of the contract and to fulfil our legitimate interest when providing the Services.
- communicating with you: if you choose to correspond with us through email or via our inquiry buttons on our websites, we may process and retain the Information you provide to us. We store this Information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response. The legal grounds for processing could be consent, proper execution of the contract and legitimate interest to improve our services.
- provide personalized Services: we use the Information we collect to customize our services for you, including providing recommendations and personalized content. We process and store this Information no longer than necessary. The legal grounds for processing could be consent, proper execution of the contract and legitimate interest to improve our personalized Services.
- job applications: via our website it is possible to apply for jobs at Castor. We will use the Information shared with us for the current position you’re interested in or any future positions. If needed, we will ask you for permission to do so. We will store the Information until the application procedure has ended or otherwise for a year after the procedure if the provided permission was given by you. After the procedure we will delete your personal data as soon as possible, unless we have informed you that we require it for other purposes. The legal grounds for processing could be consent, legitimate interest for recruiting and complying with our legal obligations.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. Therefore we have implemented technical and organizational measures to protect your Information against loss or any form of unlawful processing. Amongst others, we use the following measures: protection of our servers by firewalls, securing our connection with you by using SSL/TLS and encryption of sensitive data. For security and availability purposes we use software to monitor network traffic (IP-addresses) in order to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change Information, or otherwise cause damage. You can find more details about our security measures in our Security Statement.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our websites, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our websites, and to improve our Services.
A session cookie facilitates certain features of our websites and is deleted from your device when you disconnect from or leave our website. A persistent cookie remains stored on your device after you have closed your browser and may be used by us on subsequent visits to our website. Persistent cookies help our websites to recall specific Information on subsequent visits. The persistent cookies may, for example, remember country and language preferences. You are able to delete persistent cookies on your device. Please read the ‘help’ section in your web browser for more details on how to delete cookies.
You can always change or withdraw which cookies you want to accept in our Cookie Preference Center.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Information to our third party service providers, such as hosting providers, information analysing tools and the aforementioned third-party cookie providers, in order to assist us with providing quality services to you. Furthermore, we may disclose your Information if required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Information – you have the right to be fully informed on which of your personal data we have and what we are using it for.
- Inspect – you have the right to inspect your personal data stored by us.
- Correct – you have the right to correct any incorrect personal data stored by us.
- Deletion – you may request deletion of (outdated) personal data. As long as you maintain an account with us, we must retain certain data. If you wish to immediately delete your data, then you must cancel your account with us. Cancelling your account is possible by contacting our customer support.
- Revoke consent – you have the right to revoke any consent you may have given us to process your personal data.
- Usage limitation– you may limit the amount of personal information being processed by us.
- Transfer information – you have the right to transfer your personal information to another party if technically possible.
- Object– you may object to certain uses of your personal data.
This statement is not applicable to third-party websites connected with our Services through hyperlinks. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a secure and careful manner. We recommend you to read these websites’ privacy statements before making use of their websites. Use of these Services may be subjected to their terms and conditions and the processing of personal data is subject to their privacy statements.
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
We are happy to help you with any questions or complaints about our processing of your personal data. See our contact details below if you want to contact us.
You are also always entitled to file a complaint with relevant governmental authority. For The Netherlands, the relevant governmental authority is the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’.
CONTACT DETAILS DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
If you have any questions regarding this policy, the use of our Services, please contact our Data Protection Officer by sending your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
George Westinghousestraat 2
1097 BA, Amsterdam