What is Castor?
During his MD, our founder Derk Arts, identified a major problem in medical research. Due to the unavailability of affordable, easy to use data capture tools, researchers were deviating to non-compliant alternatives that reduce data quality, security, and reusability.
He invented Castor which enables researchers to easily capture and integrate high-quality data from any source on one compliant platform. Thousands of medical device, biotech, and academic researchers around the world are using Castor EDC (Electronic Data Capture), eCRF, ePRO, and eTMF to accelerate their studies.
As a team, our goal is to solve the world’s healthcare challenges with research data.
- Founded in 2011
- Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in the U.S.
- 45+ team members
- 28,000+ users in 50+ countries
- 3,600+ live studies
- 1,000,000+ patients
- 100,000,000+ data points
- Servers in the Netherlands, UK, and US
- €5.3M raised during Series A round
- €2M in grants from the European Union
- Castor joins forces with EuroQol to facilitate EQ-5D survey usage
- Castor recognized as the fasted growing technology company in the NL healthcare sector
- Castor EDC raises $6.25M Series A to accelerate medical research
- Castor receives ISO 27001 certification
- [Video](Dutch only) Fast Moving Targets interviewed CEO Derk Arts in 2015 and our vision was one of the topics discussed. Castor has made the first steps towards them, and we are in conversation with various parties in order to realize our vision.
- [Video](Dutch only) Founder Derk Arts pitching at Deloitte Rising Star 2016 – 2 minute pitch
- [Video]How Castor EDC contributes to FAIR Data